Thursday, February 12, 2009

They are Trying to Kill Me (Ode to my children)


In the last two days, I have dealt with the following:

1. Talking to two of the youngest child's teachers because he has decided to develope an "I don't care" kind of nine-year-old tude that is also getting frequent sightings at home.

2. Constant lies from the older child.

3. An email from the oldest child's teacher because he called another kid a bastard this morning....in front of the teacher.  (Now I know kids are going to call other kids names, but for crying out loud, step away from the teacher to do it, dude!  I'm not condoning, but the name thing, in 8th grade and beyond?  Pretty much a fact.)

4. Discovering that the oldest child nearly failed gym last marking period because he "couldn't find his gym clothes" so he wasn't changing.  Please note that he puts away his own clothing.

5. Youngest child taking practice test tonight and when he missed like 6 words, informed me that he "doesn't care."  He is currently in his room and will be accompanying me to praise band rehearsal where he will be writing the missed words twenty times each; ten times for missing them and ten times for not caring.

Insanity, I tell you! Whoever said boys were easier than girls just landed here from another planet, I swear.

I had a nice exercise post planned to encourage Kelly and Jil, but tomorrow is another day.  Today has been full of the slightly shorter people I live with and trying to keep them alive....



1 comment:

  1. Geez! It seems like they're inflicting some kind of coordinated torture on you guys! :)

    Making the younger one write the words is a great idea. I will never forget having to write this sentence 50 times in 7th grade:
    "Extraneous communication prevents and individual's ability to progress satisfactorily in a learning environment"
    :)

    ReplyDelete