Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Q&A


So both Jil and Kim have asked me several questions, so for the reason that they are the only two so far and because I am worried they asked all their questions at one time, I'm going to answer six of them today and save the rest for next week and by then we'll know if any others are trickling in.

First question from Kim:


Have you gotten to the point where you are addicted to exercise?


This one I've been thinking about all afternoon and I'm still not sure of the answer.  Here is what I know; I do not look forward to working out and I count the minutes until I am done.  With that being said, when I don't work out, not only do I feel guilty now, but my body responds negatively.  I feel sluggish, irritable, out of sorts in general.  I will also work out for nothing less than an hour and sometimes more and sometimes more than once a day. I will often go the gym after work and put in an hour cardio and then at home that night while watching television, I will get out my exercise ball (we're friends now) and my weights and do a ball workout. 

When I think of the word "addiction" I think of something that is bad for me that I love doing.  I loved smoking (and still miss it), I loved eating (and still miss it). Exercise is not bad for me so I think I have trouble thinking of it as an addition.  However, it does make me feel good and I am addicted to the results I get from exercise.  It just makes me feel better over all and that in itself is amazing.  But I'm also not certain I will ever be one of those people who "loves" to workout.

Jil asked:


Would you consider moving to Texas...you like warm weather and baby have we got warm weather...lol


I kind of go where life and God lead me, so Texas is not out of the question

 Kim asked: Have you had any WOW moments lately?

Small ones.  I had bought a pair of LL Bean flannel lined jeans off ebay awhile back and when they arrived they didn't fit.  I kind of forgot about them and then two weeks ago, on a whim, I tried them on and wala!  They fit perfectly and aren't even tight.  Also, going tubing last weekend was a WOW moment for me as I would have never done that a year ago.  My energy level and stamina are also constant WOWs for me every day.  Even with coming down with a cold yesterday, 24 hours later, I am already feeling better and I think that has to do with my new life.

Jil asked: Did you have any problems with your mom while you were a teenager?

I don't think we had any problems that were necessarily out of the ordinary for a mother and daughter.  I went through the phase of shutting her out as a teen, which she hated, but is still pretty normal.  I don't get along with anyone more than her and no one can hurt me more deeply either.

Kim asked:  How is The Brit doing with his weight loss?

Very well as far as I know.  We both hit 100 pounds lost right before Christmas and I know he gained a pound or two in Australia.  I'll have to ask him if he has lost those two pounds and where he is.  He has trouble finding time to work out because he works very long hours, but I am planning on sitting down with him this weekend and working out a plan for him to make it happen in the evenings.  If it means a night or two of slow cooker dinners, that will work out fine.  I want to help him make it a priority.  Mentally, I think it is a priority for him, but in reality when he is trying to balance a demanding job and trying to make it home when I have dinner ready, it just isn't happening as often as it should.  We're going to try to start making it happen.

And lastly, Jil asked: How does the brit feel about your having short hair? Does it matter one way or the other to him?

In regards to my hair and most things actually, he tends to say "Whatever makes you happy."  He has never tried to control how I wear my hair or anything else for that matter.   I changed the style yet again yesterday and I think he enjoys the surprise element!

This was fun!  Let's do it again next Friday.  So ask away, anything you want to know; about me or what I think about any given issue. 





 


 




 



3 comments:

  1. So I guess you still have questions of mine held over? I can't remember.... oh wait - I do remember one or two.

    You have said that you wanted to marry someone British - has that been everything you wanted? In what ways is it not what you expected?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drawing a blank on questions, but when I think of some I will post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna see that new hair!!! lol

    ReplyDelete