Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Holy crap...


...When did this freaking week get so busy???  I still have a post planned but need to finish doing my homework on it.  Not that it is a big deal; mostly just of interest to me, but I hate to half ass it.

Still no word on when my surgery will be and I only hope it is scheduled by the end of the week as I have my H&P set up for Monday and my doctor will need the paperwork of what tests they need to do!  I explained all this over the phone today, but we'll see what happens.  *sigh*

My mother went to dinner with us tonight and it felt very strained at least on my part.  She paid, which she never does, which is fine as we know her income is limited, so we usually get the check.  Not sure if paying is her feeling guilty, just being nice, or a way of saying "I'm sorry." though I would prefer to hear the words.  Still not too sure of what to make of it.  I have never wanted any regrets with my parents, so I figure I can still spend time with her, but I am not going to confide in her about things that can be flung back at me later.  What's that old saying?  Shit on you once, shame on them.  Shit on you twice, shame on you.  Got it.  Done.  It's not so much that I can hold a grudge, but more that I prefer to guard my heart.  I'm sure that all of my siblings have been on the tail end of one of her tongue lashings and I'm sure that this will not be the last time for me, as I'm no safer than anyone else.  Besides, my not confiding in her about the big stuff will probably cause her to tell me once more just how much I've changed since I've lost weight. 

I really don't want to dwell on that situation anymore, so unless there is some really important development, consider the subject now off limits by me.  As my BFFF would say "It is so bad news bears."



1 comment:

  1. Hang in there - just do your best to be around her and for sure don't give her any more amunition than she has already.

    ReplyDelete