Thursday, February 26, 2009

Crawling My Way Back


Recovery is a slow process.

I feel better today; still some pain and soreness, but the percocet is keeping it in check, though it makes me loopy as hell.  The urinary tract infection is also better, though the one pill that keeps me from feeling that horrible pressure to go, makes things turn bright orange, if you know what I mean.  A bit disconcerting.

I nested today.  Vacuumed ( as if you had to ask) and slow cooked dinner in the crock pot.  Took a nap, watched television and read.  And somehow I am now exhausted but have to wait until 11:00 to be able to take my pain meds.  I could try to sleep without them but I am not a back sleeper; I always fall asleep on my right side and that is out of the question right now.  So in order to assure sleep, drugs are in order to keep things comfortable.

Bloggy friends, I have not really been at the computer today other than now and to check email earlier.  I will get caught up on my reading soon.

We were going to go to Lancaster tomorrow for wine (my favorite wine comes from there and I'm out) but we're going to put it off a week.  I need to do some walking around Walmart tomorrow for some groceries and I'm pretty sure that is going to kick my butt.  I would enjoy the trip much more in a week, I think.



2 comments:

  1. Kim,
    Take it easy today and remember "let your body heal"...
    I've made it to the gym 2X today and everytime I'm there I think of you on the eliptical machine..and smile becasue I HATE that thing...right now I am doign the bike and treadmill for 30-45 minutes and getting my heart rate up prety good....I try and try and everytime I get on it it just seems to "not want to be my thing"..LOL..IN any event ...take care and did you see the moive Nights in Rodanthe yet? Great chick flick...
    If you get some time weatch it ....of course it's a cryer but good none the less..
    Luv, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy - just do what you can and the rest of it will wait. Somehow I knew that your first course of action would be to vaccume! HA!

    ReplyDelete