Friday, February 27, 2009

Big Plans for Tomorrow


When I had my RNY surgery, I mentioned that I stayed in the hospital for four nights.  When we were driving home after that surgery, I remarked to The Brit that were it not for being in Baltimore, I would have never known I'd had surgery four days ago, because I felt so good.

Tomorrow will be the magical four days since surgery, so I'm hoping the same formula works this time too.  I'm ready to start feeling more like myself.  I did have two little outings today; the first one was stopping in at the church to copy some stuff to my flash drive to work a bit from home.  So, my driving meant no pain meds this morning.  At least I got a real solid idea of how my body was really feeling while it wasn't being disguised by percocet.  Ouch.  Not unbearable, but getting in and out of the car pretty much sucked.

Late this afternoon, we did the whole Walmart ordeal and as The Brit went too, pain meds were included thankfully.  He's been very sweet and very protective.  Would not even let me carry in any groceries, not even the light bags.  Hey, I'll take it while it's being offered!  

My belly is still a bit distended on the left side but there is noticeable improvement since coming home.  I still look really swollen all through my belly, which sucks, but I know it will go away soon.  I am actually missing the YMCA and am eager to get back!  I have a goal of getting down below 200 pounds before the mission trip!

My pee problem is fairly squared away and tonight is my last dosage of the two medicines, so hopefully by tomorrow night, I won't be seeing bright orange.

Thank you all for the encouraging comments.  They mean so much.  And Leisl, thank you for the card; that was very sweet! 



No comments:

Post a Comment