Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Adventures in Thanksgiving


So, tonight I have made cranberry sauce with Splenda and The Brit says it is a little tart, so I guess I'll add a bit more Splenda.  I am currently in the midst of a Splenda Pumpkin roll which I have definate concerns about.  I know it isn't supposed to taste exactly like the real, full fat thing, but I'm still a little worried.  The cream cheese filling is pretty good though, so I'm hoping that will fix anything else that may taste...off.

It's a total and constant learning experience, this new way of life.  I know that I cannot sit down tomorrow and devour my normal Thanksgiving dinner.  Stuffing?  Nope, not going there?  Gravy?  Maybe a little.  Sweet potato?  A bite.  Turkey and veggies, absolutely.  Sheesh, all this and there is still Christmas to get through!  Why are these holidays so food centered? 

We always have an Open House during the holidays, which means, FOOD!  So the challenge becomes a mix of stuff we can eat, my weight watching friends can eat, and my anything goes friends will eat.  The problem is making sure temptation doesn't strike me to cross over into the Anything Goes catagory.  I really need to start thinking through that menu.

Then on Sunday is the pearl party, which involves, again, FOOD, as hosting tends to do.  Not a clue what to serve for that one.  Healthy munchies, without going overboard as I have no clue who is coming.

Oh well, off to finish off the pumpkin roll.  I hope you all have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving tomorrow!  I'm thankful for:

My husband (I have to put him first as he insists he always comes after the cats) who I don't know what I would do without.  He is truly the love of my life.
My family; kids and siblings, etc, who always keep me on my toes
My cats who love me unconditionally and help keep my stress intact.
My amazing friends, who are always there when I need them.
My God, who has given me all the above gifts as well as a new chance at life.
My RNY.  So life changing.
My God



No comments:

Post a Comment