Sunday, November 30, 2008

Live and Learn....Again.


One would think that after seven months, I would know better than to push things, but Noooooo.

I do a really good job of keeping foods I should not eat out of my house.  Though I try to be strict with myself, I am not above slipping if temptation is right under my nose.  But today was my pearl party so I had to have munchies for my guests.  I did a pretty good job of not going overboard with sugar.  I had shrimp and cocktail sauce, crab dip made with crab, lowfat mayo and light cream cheese, reduced fat Triscuits and reduced fat Wheat Thins and fruit and fruit dip.

Fruit dip is an addictive thing for me.  I love it.  LOVE IT.  I made it with light cream cheese but there is no escaping that marshmallow cream, baby!  During the party, I had a few bits of with a little dip with no ill effects and of course, this makes me want to push the envelope apparently.  Tonight, I decided on grapes and dip as a snack.  Usually only the grapes would be my snack, but hell, there is DIP!

So now that I have spent a half hour spitting up dip over the sink, I think I have learned my lesson.  Getting away with a taste or two is not bad, but if sugar is involved, one must learn to STOP.  It has taken  my pouch a good thirty minutes to settle down.  Fruit dip in my house is not good!

I have pictures from Lancaster yesterday, but am too tired tonight to resize them.  Can anyone tell me where a four day weekend went??



No comments:

Post a Comment