Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Wish List 2008


So I got this from our friendly, neighborhood Rebel and it seemed pretty neat...maybe even some paying it forward involved if you all want to play.

The Rules:
Make a post to your blog.
The post should contain your list of holiday wishes.

The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a header that's made just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") Or they can be life situation specific or wishes for other people's lives. Nothing about this has to be about material objects if you don't want it to be.

The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.- If you wish for real life things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.-

Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines on your blog, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.

Step Two - Surf around your blog roll to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is anothers treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get some one's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.

You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached.

Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.

My Wish List for Christmas 2008

1) To reach my goal weight of 150 before my one year surgical anniversary

2) To continue to pull patience at being a mother out of my rear end or straight from God.  Whatever works.

3) For The Brit to not need the second part of his surgery as the Sleeve is so successful for him (especially as his company killed our insurance plan that covered WLS and we had to go with another company and rumor has it they exclude WLS).

4) For my kids to grow in grace and wisdom

5) For me to always be on the lookout for ways to make someone else's life better in any small or big way I can.  Make me aware.

6) To have a personal trainer at the YMCA for one month....so I can learn to work the big boy weights in the middle of the room without fear of killing myself.

7) That our economy improves and the people who are without work are able to find work once more.

8) To finally find the confidence to try to write for real...as in for publication.

9) For my little church to grow

10) For my friends with marital problems to get some help, in the hopes of making it work and not just by "maintaining".

11) For my family to come together and grow closer; not just certain people but everyone.

12) To have a really amazing vacation this summer

13) For the war to end in Iraq and for peace to prevail

14) To have some kind of positive influence on the youth group kids that I am entrusted with for a few hours a week.  This is so important to me.  I need to know I made a difference for them.

15) I still want those horseback riding lessons



No comments:

Post a Comment