Monday, November 10, 2008

I don't LIKE it!


You have to know PK to really understand my title, but there ya go.

I figured I'd blog now as later I won't be up for much other than bathroom running and being a couch potato due to lack of food and supplements.  My energy was already waning last night from no iron, so by tonight I should be about one step away from a coma by my configurations.

So, I didn't want to say this here, but I'm going to because when I started this journey, I vowed to be honest and to paint a really real picture of life after WLS.  So, I am going to honor my vow and just spit it out.

Somehow last week I gained two pounds.  Due to being really careful yesterday, I am back down one of those pounds today and after a night of poop, I'm sure the other one will be gone too.  Yes, this could be just the games my scale is playing with me, but I also know a few other things too.

I've been eating way too many carbs.  Celia warned me about carbs as a pre-op and the further on this journey I get, the more I see the wisdom in those words.  Yes, I buy healthy pasta, but last week I ate way too much of it.  A lunch out with friends and crab alfredo of which there was leftovers for my lunch the next day.  Crab alfredo for dinner one night.  Chicken parmesean Saturday night complete with spaghetti.

Far too much pasta and I know it.  I love it, I do, but the consumption is now being cut back...way back.  Once a week if at all.  Last night, I only ate chicken for dinner; all protein.  I had cottage cheese for breakfast and a protein bar.  Lunch was out and I had chicken pot stickers.  A better day all in all and a pound was gone this morning. 

I know this is all about learning a new way of life and I am learning that.  Sometimes the lessons are hard, but I'm good with that.  I can handle it. 

I'm going to go to the gym after work and really try to get my workout in despite total protein deprivation today.  But I missed Friday's workout due to leaving for Revolve, so I want five in this week.  Though I have this stupid colonoscopy tomorrow, I know I will be fine to workout by tomorrow night. 

I'm learning.  I'm so on it.

ETA: Susan's surgery is tomorrow!  Please keep her in your prayers!



No comments:

Post a Comment