Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


So Thanksgiving is almost officially over and it was relatively successful from a WLS patient's first one.  Ate more than I normally would at a meal but I don't think I overate.  Majority of what I had was turkey, then a taste of stuffing and sweet potatoes and a bite or two of saurkraut (which I love).  The cranberry sauce was good and the pumpkin roll looked weird but tasted pretty good.  The problem with it, I think, is that we had to buy a jelly roll pan and I think I bought one too big.  When you spread the batter out on the pan, you have to spread it evenly all over and that made for a pretty thin layer on the pan, thus, it didn't rise too much.  A smaller pan and I think the desired look will be achieved.  I'll try again for the Christmas party.

I did something bad to my right arm, I think.  A few weeks ago, I mentioned doing work at the gym with free weights and ever since then, things have not been right.  I thought I just pulled a muscle, but we're looking at two weeks now.  When I lift anything, even a cup of coffee, there is dull pain in my forearm.  Huh?  Any idea what I did?  And those of you familar with my "grace", this is not the arm I broke a few years back.

Tomorrow the car goes in for an oil change, the old Dyson goes to the vacuum place to see if they can fix it and we pick up the boat from the guy who fixed the hole in it.  Then we head to Tod's to help him get his artificial trees up.  Kids are away for a few days so we will be enjoying the peace and quiet.

Hope you all had a great day today!



No comments:

Post a Comment