Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Results




History was made last night and I could not be more proud.  Regardless of what side you were on, it would seem everyone should feel amazed at how far this nation has come in the last 100 years.  From slavery and segregation to our first African American president. 

I woke up my youngest son this morning and told him, "One day you will be able to tell your grandchildren that you were a kid when history was made and the United States elected their first African American president."

His little face lit up and he asked "Obama won?"  When I nodded, he stretched his little hands over his head and said "Yeah!  Obama!"

I love the fact that schools use election time to teach the kids. 

I'm happy.  But more importantly, I'm hopeful.  No matter who won, the road to US recovery was/is going to be long and difficult. 

I'll be praying for him.



No comments:

Post a Comment