Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pearls of Wisdom


Last night, I went to Lisa's to attend a Vantel Pearls party.  I have to say it was really neat.  You actually choose your oyster, the consultant opens it and you see what you get.  Your pearls are $20 each and mine, a black pearl, retailed at $78.00.  Then you pick a jewelry setting for your pearl (I picked a ring) and it is sent off to be made for you.  I agreed to host a party on November 30th at 1:00, so if you know me personally, and would like to attend, please let me know, though you may already be on my invite list.  But I don't always know who reads here and I don't want to leave anyone out who may be interested!

My scale is a slow moving machine but apparently, my body is continuing to change and rearrange.  Kelly told me last night at the pearl party that from the back she hadn't even recognized me.  So, I suppose I need to continue to be patient with my scale weight which for over a week now has only moved from 229 to 230 and back again, over and over.  Some days it makes me insane, but then I have to remind myself about how good I feel and that the scale is simply a number that will move again when it is ready.  In the meantime, I just need to keep on, keeping on.

Everyone keep reader Susan in your prayers as her surgery is Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment