Monday, November 24, 2008

Church life


I am in the process of Christmas decorating.  My nativity is up and my snowmen are out, I have garland running up the steps, but still have to add some embellishments to that (I did my own little creation with garland, lights and pinecones.  I need to add some pseudo-cranberries, I think).  I don't want to do anything outside until after Thursday as I am jumping the gun a little due to helping Tod.



I honestly have nothing of real interest to say today.  Our church lady came in today; the one who drives me bonkers, and she remarked on the artificial flower arrangements that the choir had purchases for the sanctuary.  Sometimes we have a week where no one has requested altar flowers, so the artificial ones can go up on those weeks.  So I mentioned to our church lady that I was putting them in the bulletin for Sunday as a dedication from the choir and she informed me that the arrangements were far too big and that God didn't care about size (So many jokes can be said on that one, but I'll leave it alone!) and He wouldn't be impressed. 



Now see, the reason the choir got these gorgeous arrangements was because the church lady's (CL from this point on) solution to weeks with no flowers was to save the arrangement from the previous Sunday, put it downstairs in the dark (I still don't get that one) and then use it again the following Sunday.   The last time she did that, I almost added the altar flowers to the prayer list.  They were drooping and as so many of the flowers had died and she had taken them out, the arrangement was really rather sad.  I'll never understand the way this woman thinks.



Of course, this is the same woman who last week informed me that Obama may be the anti-christ and the same woman who told me two weeks ago that colonoscopies were just a raquet for doctors to get money.  Same woman who has never had a mammogram nor a pap smear because she doesn't believe in them.



Nothing should surprise me anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment