Friday, November 14, 2008

Catching Up


Today, my scale officially showed me at (FINALLY) 228.  This is now official as I have not been starving myself to have my back side examined.  Though I know it doesn't matter how much the scale moves as long as my clothing keeps getting loser and I keep feeling fabulous, it is still a bit of a relief when it starts to budge.  What has been the norm is that it won't move for a few weeks and then in a matter of days, it will suddenly drop a few pounds.  We'll see how it goes this time.

I was going to complain about The Biggest Loser, but as it has been several days since I saw the episode, I've calmed down considerably.  Let's just say, that though I started out completely despising Heba, Vicky has now taken the front position on my Do Not Like At All list.  What a wench.  My children are more mature than this woman and I hope she gets kicked to the curb next week.  Her hubby was sent home this past week because Amy, the only member of the Blue team I like, decided to vote in a way that would most benefit her,which was to send the guy home as opposed to sending home a member of the Black team just because they can.  Now of course, poor little Amy will be enduring the wrath of Vicky next week.  What I really think needs to happen is that Bob needs to pull the Wonder Twins (Vicky and Heba) aside and read them the riot act.  I really think Jillian would have already done that had these two back stabbing bitches been a part of her team.

So glad I was not going to talk about The Biggest Loser.

A while back, I commented to someone that I was fairly certain that even once I lost weight, I would not want to wear dresses as I was just not a girly girl.  This person told me that once I lost weight I would change my mind about that.  Now I wish I remember who told me that as they were way wrong. 

I still hate to dress up.  Give me jeans, a sweater and my favorite knitted clogs from American Eagle and I am one happy girl.  It's simply who I am (though I did buy a dress for Christmas as that and Easter are really the only times you will see me dressed up) and fat or smaller, that is my comfort zone.

The gym is going well despite the fact that I had to miss two days this week due to colonoscopy stuff.  I'm continually amazed by the whole process.  For those of you just starting out at the gym, don't get discouraged and don't be afraid to try new things.  If you recall, I started on the elliptical at 90 seconds max.  Then I worked my way up to 20 minutes and doing hill intervals, but I would work the hills really hard keeping it about 130 strides per minute and then when I wasn't on the hills, I would rest at about 112 strides per minute.  The last two weeks, I have been between 142-152 strides per minute for the whole 20 minutes.  The secret?  Start out with what you can do and build on it.  I started out small and tried to do a little more either each day or each week.

Now if I could just learn to like to sweat, I'd be ok.

I've also come to the conclusion that I would like to attempt running at some point.  I've thought about it on the treadmill, but that would be like trying to run on a crate of lit dynamite.  A recipe for disaster.  I can see me killing myself.  So, I'm thinking that maybe in the Spring, I will have a few outings with Tod of the appendectomy fame and see how it goes.  He started running a handful of months ago and loves it.  I won't know if I like it unless I give it a shot.

Last item for discussion tonight.  I have been pondering hair again.  I love my cut right now, but I am looking ahead to a summer mission trip, in which no blow dryers or curling irons are allowed and I don't like this current cut straight.  I need a little poof to it.  My dream cut came about in the late 80's or maybe early 90s and there were two celebs who sported it.  Some of you may remember Wilson Phillips?  Sister Chyna, had that short, adorable, pixish cut I adored:



The other actress was the chick who played Jane on Melrose Place:



My fear is my hair is too thick for this style or I'll look like a dork.

Thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment