Sunday, November 2, 2008

Movie Review


Tonight, The Brit and I along with Paula, John and BFFF Kirk, went to see "Changeling" after hitting our new favorite Italian restaurant for dinner.  Great movie, a little long, and to be honest, I spent most of it pissed off.  As a fairly liberal female, seeing how they treated this woman back in the 1920s enraged me.  I guess having always been liberated, I don't think too much about how women were viewed years ago and when being faced with it in this film I felt like I needed an extra hit of Zoloft to deal with my rage.

Basically, mother has child vanish, reports it to the police, who then find "her child" who is really the wrong child and the police make her out to be the whackjob.  I won't give away what happens, but if you want a good story, by all means go see it.

I was also enraged by the insane prices the theaters charge.  Yeah, I know this is old news, but I don't go to the movies all that often and when I pay $4 for a bottle of water that cost 1.25 at a convenience store, it kind of rubs me the wrong way.  Had I planned better, I'd have taken a bottle with me and put in my ginorous purse, but I wasn't much into planning today. 

At any rate, nice evening, the kids are gone till Tuesday night and I plan on enjoying some downtime!



No comments:

Post a Comment