Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 Remembered


I swiped this from Kim's blog because I liked it.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you�d never done before?
Fit in!  I fit in with myself, with more people and with new clothing!  Losing 100 pounds will do that for you and I ain't done yet!

2. Did you keep your new year�s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any last year.  I was all consumed with getting it done with surgery.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't think so

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, a few members of the church that I liked, but wouldn't really call "close to me".

5. What countries did you visit?
I think I was in Canada in 2008...wasn't I?

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A published novel

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 15th-My surgery day. 
December 21st- for reasons I would rather forget.
December 29-30-The New York trip


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing 100 pounds definitely!

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't know that I failed at anything.  There are things I could have handled better maybe, but failed?  I don't think so.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably the new camera after the old one was stolen.  I love capturing memories

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm not sure.  No one did any major behaving changing this year, at least not in a good way.  We are who we are for the most part. 

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There were some situations that made me sad or that I could have lived without, but it is what it is.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Probably in fixing the boat, adding on a deck and revamping the kitchen!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The New York trip, losing weight, finding my energy and I am now excited about finding more of a purpose but I am still searching.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"I Want to Set the World on Fire"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier...incredibly happy and no one is allowed to steal that from me.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner - but more important, healthier
c) richer or poorer? I am rich in all the ways that matter most

18. What do you wish you�d done more of?
I'm not sure.  This was such a full year for me.  Amazingly full and contented.  I wish I had done some theater, but hopefully soon.  I wish I had written more other than Blog 365.  I always wish I had traveled more because I love it.

19. What do you wish you�d done less of?
Taking on the issues of other people; taking them far too personally. 

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and my pastor.  It was a really nice day. The wine didn't hurt either.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
In many ways, yes.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
My favorites are pretty standard: Brothers & Sisters, CSI Vegas, House, American Idol but I did add The Biggest Loser to my list in 2008.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn�t hate this time last year?
I try not to hate but there are people I strongly dislike.  I disliked them last year and I will probably dislike them this year.  However, I still pray for them.

24. What was the best book you read?
Kim reminded me..."The Shack" hands down!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Discovering that Patti Lupone live is just as incredible as I'd dreamed.

26. What did you want and get?
My surgery.  Hands down, it was the best.

27. What did you want and not get?
 Can't think of anything.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Holy crap, what movies did I see this year???  I just came to the horrible realization that the only grown up movie I saw in 2008 was "Changeling" and it was depressing and pissed me off.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I have no idea whwhat I did but I was 42.  I haven't had a real memorable birthday since I was ten.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having it end crappy, but all in all it was a good year.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
New doors opening all the time!

32. What kept you sane?
Faith and my husband.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
FAncy?  I have this thing for Rob Lowe.  Does that count?

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I get really stirred by abortion issues.  I just think it is too complex to take away a choice, despite the fact that using it as birth control sickens me.

35. Who did you miss?
I always miss my dad.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
My C&P girls and my new pastor and his wife.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
I've learned not to let people, family or friends, allow me to feel bad about myself.  Two major events with this happened in 2008 and from here on out, I will not allow myself to be placed in a situation that I am not comfortable with.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Everything's coming up roses



1 comment:

  1. You read The Shack... and I got it for Christmas... so I'll read it at some point this year.

    ReplyDelete