Thursday, January 22, 2009

Okay, it's official....


....I miss my husband.

The first week was okay.  Yeah, I missed having another adult in the house.  I missed having someone else to help me keep a relatively calm household against the little people who strive to take over with bickering and clutter.  But it was okay.  The end of the first week was really good because I had three full days to myself.  Alone time is rare as I mentioned before and I ate it up. 

But yesterday, Wednesday, I really started to just literally miss HIM.  You know what I mean.  I've missed him the whole time, but it was still okay.  Sometimes whole weeks go by where the only thing we do together is sleep side by side, because he has worked late or something, so occasionally, like most parental adults, we can sometimes be two ships that are passing in the night or two people passing in front of the television.  I don't always like that, but it is life and how things go.

But now I am just kind of counting down till Sunday when he gets home.  Sunday night to be exact.  And I took Monday off work as he'll be jetlagged and home and the kids will be in school

I'm ready for life to be normal and at the same time ready for something to look forward to.  Not sure what the look forward to part of life will be but am hoping that something presents itself soon.  Winter is a hard season for me because I hate it and it feels like nothing happens and I am just holding on till spring.  I despise cold and bare trees, not having windows open, having to always wear shoes and/or socks because my feet get so cold and not being able to comfortably sit out on one of my porches or throw something on the grill for dinner.  HATE IT.  So I like having things to look forward to, preferably that involve warmth.  Going some place warm or just something that we are planning for spring or summer.  I have a mission trip on the calendar and my annual Women of Faith weekend which will be with Shell this year.  But those are like end of June and August, so that isn't all that close. 

One day I may have to move some place where it is warm all year.



2 comments:

  1. I vote for a move to Florida! Although it has been verrrry chilly here this week, at least by my standards. I'm glad the brit will be home soon and you'll get some, ahem, "alone time." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you can move to SE Texas... in 30 years - this was the first time I've seen snow here! And even at that - it was there in the evening and gone by morning... and you could have gotten rid of it with a hair dryer!

    I'm glad the Brit will be home today - all will settle down tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete