Thursday, January 15, 2009

Goals


So as Meg is the queen of goals and rewards, I figure I at least need to come up with a goal or two to get myself back on the actual weight loss bandwagon.  Not sure on the reward part of things as The Brit and I are still working out the kinks on our Go to Vegas 100 Pound Weight Loss Reward. 

So,what I do know is that by Spring, I want to weigh under 200 pounds.  Technically, that should be easily do-able before Spring as I only have 16 pounds to go to get there.  I have fallen into a small place of stagnation briefly; happy with maintaining and too busy to hit the gym the way I want to, but starting Saturday, I am going to start hitting it the way I NEED to once more.  I don't like the feeling of getting on the scale and breathing a sigh of relief that I haven't actually GAINED any weight.  That is way too scary for me and I'm not going to live my life that way.  But working out generally assures me that I'm not gaining weight and generally assures me that in a relatively short period of time, I will actually lose a few pounds.

Now there are going to be a few kinks in this plan.  After speaking with Pat at Hopkins yesterday morning, I now know that my gall bladder is definitely coming out.  That is the plan, probably with a one night hospital stay.  That ordeal will probably keep me from the gym for minimally a week, though less would be a bonus, but I'm banking on a week.  But there are still at least three or four weeks before that surgery would happen, barring any other symptoms, which should easily get me closer to my 199 goal. 

Once I hit that, I think I am going to work in 10 pound increments to get to my personal goal of 150.  Again, less than that would be a bonus, but I think I could be quite happy at 150.

In other news, we have a snow day today.  We didn't get much, but supposedly, the temperatures are the coldest they have been in here in a decade (which is probably child's play for the people who live where it is REALLY cold), but I will take the day inside with not having to go out into it.  I'd love to not go out into it until Spring...when I weigh 199 pounds.



2 comments:

  1. Girl, email me... why are they saying it's going to be a hospital stay? Are they not doing it laporascopically?

    I need you & Meg to take over my life and get me back moving again too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what your rewards are going to be! I'm going in mine in increments of 5 since 10 pounds could take, like, MONTHS the closer we get to goal. Even if the gall bladder means no gym for TWO weeks, it's definitely worth the down time to get your system all in order! We know for SURE you'll reach 199 during the spring... no doubt!!

    ReplyDelete