Monday, January 12, 2009

Has the jury arrived at a verdict?


Upon arriving home from the gym, I found this in my inbox:

Hi Kimberly,
So Tara, the other NP at our office, just paged me and told me that you do have gallstones. Dr. Schweitzer will be away the next two mondays, so please get on our schedule for 2/2/09. In the meantime avoid all fat in your diet. See you soon.

So there we have it.  Not sure yet if this means they try to break up the gall stones or if it means bubye gall bladder.  I have a gut feeling (no pun intended) that my gall bladder and I will be soon parted, given my RNY and the history of gall bladder issues after it. 

In the meantime, I will belch my way through to February 2nd unless something happens, like pain, which hopefully it will not!

I have spoken to The Brit a couple of time for short intervals but I can't seem to get through to his cell phone and for him to call me it is costing $2 a minute, so conversations seems to be short and sweet.  At least he is safe and finally adjusting to the time change.



2 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you have an answer! Who knew burping was in any way related to the gall bladder? I sure didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have an answer too. This surgery is much easier - you'll have a few more "dots" on the map that has become your stomach, but other than that - no biggie.

    I was going to tell you that with the workouts - you'll more than likely be able to get back to your cardio earlier than the lifting weights part of your workout plan.

    ReplyDelete