Friday, January 30, 2009

Have No Worry; Have No Fear


Not to worry, peeps, I'm okay.  Yes, I am struggling with something; have been struggling with it for five years and it never seems to get any easier, but maybe it just is what it is and there is simply nothing to be done.  It's either that or one day someone will hit me up with a great idea to try to resolve it.  Either way, there is nothing I can do about it right now, so I'm just going to leave it be for as long as I can.

Today is going to be insanely busy.  I need to high tail it to the YMCA after work today.  I lost another pound this morning, bringing my total so far to 102 pounds lost.  Yesterday, I upped my workout on the elliptical and found my ability to sweat once more.  I also did treadmill work and ran for two minutes.  I don't feel discouraged for only running for two minutes as if you recall, my first experience on the elliptical was ninety seconds.  It takes time to build up endurance and I have plenty of time.

After the YMCA, I need to go pick up ham for the youth group to make their sandwiches for their Souper Bowl fundraiser, then to Petsmart for cat food, then to my mother's to pick up her soup donation.  Somewhere in there, I'd like to swing by the library for a book they are holding for me.  Home then to bake two batches of brownies and vacuum the upstairs.  Then at 8:00 tonight, I am at the church with the youth to assemble sandwiches, dip soup and then have a lock in, so I will not see my home again until Saturday morning.  Thank God for air mattresses!

Not sure what the rest of the weekend holds other than dinner with friends on Saturday night.  I have also had a HUGE hankering for Pad Thai from Red Curry, but don't see that in my immediate future.  So yes, I still have cravings!

I have found reruns of The Biggest Loser on channel FLN, whatever that stands for, so I have been catching up on the seasons I missed.  I love this show.  I don't always love all of the competition aspects of it, though some of the challenges I feel push people past their comfort zone and prove to them that they can indeed do things they didn't think they could.  But the struggles of the players, the reasons they put on weight to begin with, it just cries out to me and at the end of almost every episode, I am in tears, just because I get it.  I so get it.  I often wish that more people who have never suffered with obesity in their lives, got it.  Many do, but so many don't as even on the internet, I see things from people such as "If they'd just get their fat asses up off the couch and exercise...." Yeah, like those words are going to help anyone.



1 comment:

  1. So check this out... in my college years - I did a lot of meeting potential boyfriends off of the internet. I met this one guy, and drove an hour to meet him for dinner... and he literally said that to me the next day when I spoke with him again. Can you imagine?! I totally flipped out on him, and then dropped him like a hot potato... what an ass.

    ReplyDelete