Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sorry


Peeps, i'm really sorry about the lack of content lately.  I'm diligently trying to continue Blog365 but at the same time, being the only parent for two weeks, I am so insanely busy that it is all I can do to write two sentences that make any freakin' sense. 

Today I saw the sleep apnea doc and I have a sleep study this Friday.  The Brit is gone and the kids will be gone all weekend (and it's a four day one) so I won't have to worry about them and I can also come home Saturday morning and sleep, as you don't get much sleep in a sleep study.  I will personally be very surprised if I can over go without my CPAP as some of you may remember, the day of my surgery, there was concern over my very narrow airway and I doubt any amount of weight loss is going to change my narrow airway.  But at least I will have an up to date sleep study, a new mask (as my face is thinner, mine is causing me pain by morning) and a lower setting on my machine.

Susan, I have not been in touch with the holidays and The Brit's trip, but I am thinking about you!  How are things going?  How much weight have you lost?  Inquiring minds want to know!

The rest of my blogging friends, bear with me.  I will get caught up.  Single parenting is hard and I salute all mothers who do it all the time.  You all are incredible.  I was not blessed with natural patience unfortunately and sometimes I have to draw it up from emptiness and it can really wear me out! 

So hang on for me.  We will soon be back to regular programming!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, Sorry I have been remiss in writing as January ( and February) brings a very busy time for me. I am an Investment Accountant for BC/BS so year end is reporting, reporting and more reporting.
    The weight is coming off and now I think I am down about 35 lbs. If I add on the 10 lbs. I loss before surgery that beings me up a bit.
    I joined Brick Bodies ( my husband, daughter and son also belong) and meet with a personal trainer tonight. (freebie since I get 2 free consults). My goal is to basically tell her I am 53 years old, had WLS and want to improve my stamina, strength and cardio. I am feeling so good with the weight coming off. More energy and just better able to manage busy times and stressful times. AS far as clothes I'm starting to pull from the back of the closet to find things. of course after that i can then move to the way - back of the closet ...LOL.
    I have bought 2 new pairs of dress pants ...i was wearing a 24 and I bought 2 pairs of 20. Now they are snug but not to snug.
    I carry most of my weight in my trunk and my legs are fairly thin....you can imagine it is nearly impossible to find pants.
    In any event I'm thinking about you and your gallstones and keeping my fingers crossed for no - surgery.
    I return for my 3 month check - up with pat Jordan on 2/10/09.
    I'm reading lots of good books about WLS and self esteem and found one especially good ...Can't remember then ame but will check tonight and let you know.
    Everyday I get up thinking LIFE change in regard to my WLS and my relationship with food...
    Well, better get back to "closing the books' and all that good stuff...

    Take care,
    Luv, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries - take care of yourself, and the boys... I think tired is okay - as long as they aren't driving you out on the ledge!

    ReplyDelete