Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I am the belching queen


....loud and crude
not trying to be rude...


Anyway, the burping saga continues.  I spoke with the dietician who confirmed my feelings of there was no way it was something I ate four days later.  So, I called Pat back (nurse practitioner) and she has no idea what it could be as I have no other symptoms.  She is checking with my surgeon but said it may take a day or two for him to get back to her as he is in surgery.  So in the meantime the insanity goes on and on and on.  It is driving me insane, but I had a thought though it doesn't make much sense.

I am still on my CPAP machine for my sleep apnea and as a pre-op, I had the highest setting on it.  100 pounds later and I have not yet been retested, mostly because I don't want to go through another sleep study as I hate them.  So, what I'm wondering is that beings a CPAP blows air into my nose to keep my airway open, could it possibly be putting too much air into me now weighing 100 pounds less?  Stupid, maybe, but hey, no one else is offering me any answers.  I've considered going without my CPAP tonight though I can hardly imagine it as I am so used to it.  The other thought with this is that the setting of air has done some kind of damage, but I have no idea what that would be.  I am also surfing around to try to figure out how I might change the settings on my machine to lower it to see how it goes.

The mystery continues....



2 comments:

  1. I'm flabbergasted that you're still on the highest setting 100 pounds later! Dude, you're definitely going to need a new sleep study! On my machine, the settings were recorded in some digital card chip that only the pulmonologist could change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - so I'm the loser that turned her machine in as soon as I had the surgery... no lectures please. :-)

    But when I had my machine - it was an adjustable deal where it adjusted the pressure throughout the night based on the resistance. Maybe you need to look into getting one of those?

    ReplyDelete