Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Enough!" I Say!


So life is still not back to normal as we are now on our second snow day so the kids are out of school, which means, no gym.  I have also been a bit lax on my eating, I think.  I say "I think" because sometimes it is hard for me to decide because even what I feel are my worst days, are so much better than my worst days as a pre-op. 

Winter is just a time when I feel trapped.  I hate the cold and when the kids are out of school and I have to work from home, I feel equally trapped as there is no time to think or plan and on certain days I am driven to distraction.  Probably not much different from what most parents go through, but some days my coping mechanisms are barely intact.  Some folks would probably love to work from home, but other than the perk of sleeping in a little, I would much rather go into the church where I can feel independent and much more productive and being able to hear myself think would also be a perk. However in looking at weather.com, tomorrow isn't looking good either as they are calling for more freezing rain and snow tonight.  Ugh!

I did do my exercise ball workout last night while watching American Idol, but it just feel like it is enough.  Plus I am doing it with Little Brother glued to me, so my concentration is way off.

I need to get down to 149 pounds to no longer be considered overweight. I am still in the obese range, though I think I have dropped the "super morbidly" part of that equation.  I need to get to 179 to fall into the "overweight" catagory. With a little ass busting, this is totally doable.  So, here are the things I want/need to accomplish as soon as the kids get back to school:

1. I need to up my cardio workout.  Sadly, my normal workout, which used to have me sweating bullets, is no longer doing that for me, which I assume (and C&P gals, tell me if I'm right) means my body has gotten used to the workout and is no longer being challenged.

2. I want to try my hand at running. This is going to involve a new sports bra, as I have not lost any of my boobage and a knee support for my left kneem which still give me some grief.  I would like to get over my fear of treadmill running and give it a go at the gym as it is too cold for me to run outdoors right now.

3. I need to get back off the carbs.  Since Christmas, I have been indulging in them too much, so this behavior stops now.  My body is starting to crave them again and the only way around that is to stop eating them.

4. Wine needs to be kept to a glass or two a weekend.  No, I am not transfer addicting, but I have always loved wine and enjoy a glass at night.  I need to stop this.

So there we have it; the goals for the moment.  And yes, I am still burping and my appointment is Monday, Thank God!  I hope we can schedule the surgery quickly as a month of this is about all I can take!



3 comments:

  1. I'm convinced it's harder to lose weight when it's cold outside anyway!

    Once you're off the carbs, things will kick into gear again. No worries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim and meg, Meg, i gottaagree with you ..and Kim..ditto also..I feel like a shut - in ..All I do is go to work and home but I've got the gym tonight ...LOL
    Luv,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Go Girl... you'll get there... I have faith. I would love to run too, but right now my shins are killing me... so I'm not going to get crazy just yet - I'll hang in with walking until I get to the point that I don't feel that it's working for me anymore.

    ReplyDelete