Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Over it Now


So I am way ready for The Brit to be home now.  Two weeks is a really long time, even now that we are in the home stretch.

Today I got to reconnect with Leisl, a friend I haven't seen in like ten years.  We met before I met The Brit and I was living with a roomie and Leisl is the cousin of my former roomie's friend.  Anyway, we used to party together in the crazy day, but now we are both technically raising other people's children, so we had much to discuss!  Leisl married a widower ten years ago who had two sons and ya'll know I'm raising boys as well.  It was scary strange just how similar our stories are; both with kids and with life!  But it was great to get together and I look forward to our next lunch date!

I am now very PUMPED because "Revolutionary Road" will start at our movie house this Friday and I am there!  1:30 showing and I should still be home before Little Brother gets off the bus!  If anyone would like to tag along, those are my plans for Friday afternoon, though I am not bothered in the least to see a movie alone anyway.  Have done it before because really, how much talking do you do in a movie theater?  Whoot!  I am totally psyched!

Doesn't take much to make me happy these days!



2 comments:

  1. Hang in there - it's almost over! The Brit will be home before you know it and life will get back to normal.

    I hope you enjoy the movie - it's one that I'd love to see as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever have one of those actors that just want to make you puke and regardless how good a movie is - you just can't see it because that actor is in it? I have 2 such actors - Leonardo Dicaprio and Jim Carrey. BLAH!!! And besides, I must work....but I *do* on occassion go the matinee alone of Saturdays!!!

    ReplyDelete