Saturday, January 24, 2009

Final Countdown


The little brother child will not leave me alone today and it is making me crazy.

I took them for haircuts and then we went grocery shopping and then they went upstairs to play for all of thirty minutes.  The eldest son is still there, but the youngest is playing the game of "let's see how annoying I can be while mom is reading so I can make her stop reading so she will let me watch television."

I am not a huge advocate of kids sitting in front of a television all day.  I prefer for them to take some time using their imaginations or playing games or something.  They watched television this morning and as they were upstairs playing after the grocery store, I went out in the living room to read, something I rarely get to do because of the interuptions that usually accompany trying to read.  Of course, 18 pages into the book, little brother (or in this case, little bother) wants to watch television, but I told him no, he needed to go play for awhile.  Thus the game began in trying to make it impossible for mom to read, as that way he figures his chances of being able to watch television are greater.  Well, the joke is sort of on him as though he did stop me from reading, I am still not letting him watch television.

The Brit comes home tomorrow night!  YAY!  It has been a long two weeks, but we have survived it; I knew we could I just wasn't really looking forward to it.  Pray for a safe flight as I assume he will be departing for the airport soon-ish.  It confuses me as though it is 2:23 on Saturday afternoon here, it is 6:24am on Sunday there and he has close to 24 hours in the air.  So, if we are leaving here to get him tomorrow night at 8:30 (an hour drive to the airport) then I assume he will be flying my time tonight.  Right?



1 comment:

  1. I don't know - time changes confuse the heck out of me. I'm so glad that he'll be home though... you've been such a trooper! I've never been away from John for that long, and I wonder if I'd be able to survive it.

    ReplyDelete