Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Uneducated and Unpolitical thoughts on the Inauguration


So I did tape the Inauguration of the 44th President of the United States and as I am not that political (but trying to learn more all the time) here are just a few thoughts I had while watching NBC's coverage, as I have nothing better to write about today.

Laura Bush I think is drop dead gorgeous for an older woman.  I mean, how classy is she?  She carries herself so well and I just think she is totally elegant.  I hope to look that fabulous when I am her age.

I was a bit in awe of Jimmy Carter but only because his was the first Inauguration speech I ever watched and I still have it on audio tape (taped with my very first tape recorder!).

Loved the President's speech.  I love how motivating he is, though we will stand by and see how he does with acting on his own motivating words.  Time will tell, but I love how articulate he is.  It's nice to hear a really good speaker!

My favorite blooper was the NBC correspondent who was commenting on the men wearing hats.  He said something along the lines of "Jack Kennedy almost destroyed the hat by appearing headless...."  He then corrected himself as he meant to say "Hatless" but headless is much more fitting.  Not having a head would pretty much destroy the hat as it would look stupid just sitting on a neck.



1 comment:

  1. I've always thought that about Laura Bush... she is just such a visual picture of class and grace. :-)

    ReplyDelete