Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Amazing


This has been a pretty amazing week in terms of WLS.

First off, a few weeks ago, I got a pair of CJ Banks stretch jeans off eBay in a size 20 and was delighted that they easily fit me.  Of course, I rationed that they were, after all, stretch  jeans, so maybe in other jeans I was not really a a size 20.  But last week, I won another pair of CJ Banks jeans that are not stretch in a size 20 and they arrived the other day.  Guess what?  They fit!

In terms of the scale, things have been slow.  Our drummer from the praise band had not been in church for a month due to other obligations but he was there this past Sunday.  In the month he has been gone, I'll bet I have lost no more than 7 or 8 pounds, IF that.  But when Dave saw me on Sunday, he went on and on about how much weight I have lost since he last saw me.  So, the next time you begrudgingly roll your eyes at the whole "Muscle weighs more than fat" thing, know it is true.  My scale has not been showing me the results I think I deserve based on my workouts five days a week, but my body is.

Then this morning, out of nowhere (and yes, I am back to almost daily weigh ins) I dropped two pounds.  I'll take it.

Tonight, I did something I have never done before.  I bought pajamas at a regular store!  I have been continuing to wear my size 26-28 pjs and they are hanging on me and with a youth group sleepover Friday night, I knew it was time to bite the bullet.  One of the two pairs I bought is actually only an extra large with no number in front of it!

I must say, I love my pouch.  I love my more improved body.  I love having my health back.  I hate exercise but LOVE the results I get from it that make it all worthwhile. I love carbs, but try every single day to limit them because they can be sabotogers.  No one should ever go into any WLS thinking it is not going to be work; that you can just sit there and the weight will fall off.  At first, it will.  But then you need to focus on that gold ring and do the work it takes to get there, because it is so, so worth it.

The saying is true: Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.  Though I think I would like to substitute the word "healthy" for "thin".  I love being healthy and seeing what my body will do.  I'm finding that it can do things I never would have imagined possible.

So, so worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment