Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Highs


Weekends are just not normally blog-worthy.  I mean, they're nice and often times relaxing but nothing of interest really happens.

We went to a Fall festival yesterday and it was nice.  Didn't buy anything other than soup but I did get to commune with some horses for awhile. 

Today was the animal blessing at church and it was really neat.  We had cats, dogs, guinea pigs and one hermit crab and several of the folks who brought them were not members of our congregation.  It struck me funny that folks won't go to church but they will bring their animals to blessed.  Shows us how truly important to us our furry friends are!

In more exciting news, if you read my weight ticker, I am now down 80 pounds! The other biggy is that on a whim I tried on a size 20 jeans today and they fit me...easily!  One of my ladies at church hugged me this morning and told me how wonderful I looked and another one told me I was getting curves.  I never want to be a stick insect; I like having curves.

I wonder if the novelty of weight loss ever truly wears off?  I am just delighted every single day with how I look, feel, and what I can now do. I like going to the gym five days a week because I CAN DO IT.  It is no longer a massive effort just to drag myself there and though I truly WORK when I am there, the sense of accomplishment I have once I am finished is amazing.  I challenge myself each week to do something a little longer, a little harder or to try something new altogether.  I'm 42 years old and feel younger than I have felt in I know 20 years. 

I want to revisit the list I wrote back in March of 2008 to see where I am 80 pounds later.  Let's have a peek, shall we?



  • Be able to bend over comfortably to tie my shoes CHECK
  • Take baths ACCOMPLISHED AND I EVEN BOUGHT BUBBLE BATH YESTERDAY!
  • Sit on the floor without having to worry about how to get back up. GETTING THERE
  • Be able to lie on my stomach without my boobs asphyxiating me.  DONE!
  • Running up and down the steps instead of barely making it.  DONE AND I LOVE IT!
  • Get rid of my CPAP machine!  (Cannot wait for this one!) STILL CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS ONE
  • Buying clothes in a normal store ALMOST
  • To be able to fit comfortably into my car seatbelt and to not have to use an extender on an airplane
  • Booths at restaurants CHECK ON THE CAR...HAVE NOT FLOWN SINCE A MONTH POST OP
  • To be able to cross my legs YES AND IT'S FUN
  • To be able to sit Indian style (I so miss that) YUP!
  • To be able to take my kids to amusement parks and ride the rides with them! NO PARKS YET
  • To go dancing again NOT YET BUT I COULD
  • Horseback riding SPRING
  • Bicycle riding DONE!
  • Shop at Victoria's Secret (so I can find out what the big secret is!) BOOBS ARE STILL TOO BIG
  • To not have lower back pain every morning HAVEN'T HAD IT IN MONTHS!
  • To actually have a napkin in a my lap be useful (as opposed to my boobs catching all the food) HAVE NOT RUINED ANY CLOTHING IN A LONG TIME
  • To have a really short haircut! AND GETTING SHORTER WITH EACH CUT
  • To get out of the back of a car gracefully DONE!
  • To not mind having my picture taken! GETTING BETTER
  • Actually looking cute in overalls! HAVE NOT BOUGHT ANY YET IN A LOWER SIZE
  • To not have to deal with the innuendos relatives make about my size THE COMMENTS THEY NOW MAKE ARE GOOD ONES!
  • To have lots of energy ABSOLUTELY!
  • To feel normal for the first time in my life SO CLOSE!

Again, amazing.

and to end on an amusing note, JJ has taken to making up his own medleys apparently.  He started out wtih "Who Am I?" by Casting Crowns, which we sang in worship this morning and ended it with a show tune.  It went a bit like this:

"I am a flower quickly faded, here today, gone tomorrow, a wave in the ocean, a dhujfhdj in the wind.  Still you here me when I'm falling, I am yours....tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow.  You're always a day away!"



No comments:

Post a Comment