Thursday, October 2, 2008

Insane Day and it Ain't Over Yet


Nothing major happened today; it has just been very busy!  Work has been crazy this week with two bulletins, a newsletter, bills, council nomination forms and a third bulletin for a blessing of the animals service on Sunday afternoon (yes, we all get to bring our critters to the church in honor of St. Francis).

Left there and went to the YMCA to sweat for an hour, then out to hit a produce market for mums, pumpkins and cornstalks to decorate the front porch.  Then it was decorate, tidy up, start dinner, put out other Halloween decorations, make tuna salad, eat dinner, clean up dishes, dust and now here I am!  Whew!

I just want to clarify from yesterday's post, that I was not putting down the lap band surgery.  I don't think I came across that way in rereading my post, but if I did, I apologize.  I did say it was not a surgery I wanted, just as I know that the RNY is not the surgery everyone wants.  I said in a older post (don't ask me how long ago, but it's been awhile) that I really didn't understand why I was okay with having my insides rearranged but not okay with having a foreign body in me.  I know the reverse is true for other people.  People have successes and failures with both surgeries and both are tools and if you don't treat them as such, you will set yourself up to fail. 

Surgery is not a cure-all for obesity, but it can definitely help you achieve your weight loss goals if you change the way you think about food.  We have to learn to eat for nutritional value and not eat emotionally for whatever reason.  I've grown to believe that 90% (this is just a number I have pulled out of my ass, so no one quote me or try to prove me wrong, because I probably am wrong.  I'm just making a point) of weight issues stem from us eating our emotions in one way or another.  We eat when we are happy, sad, celebrating, stressed, etc.  Because I can't eat the way I used to, I still struggle with wanting to smoke when I am stressed out and just as the stress eating, stress smoking is all psychological.  There is no nicotine in my system any longer, but if stress hits me, my head tells me to do something oral, like eat or smoke.  It's a constant struggle for me and probably will be until the day I meet my Maker!

So there you go.  I am counting the days until an insurance check so I can replace our camera.  Of course, now that it is not at my disposal, I see opportunities for photos EVERYWHERE!  The produce market I went to today was out some long country roads with little farms and horses....sigh!  Soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment