Thursday, October 9, 2008

Here to try to find my happy place


So with T minus 9 days until the party from hell, my irritation has already begun.  In the event any of you need a reminder that I am still riding the tail of the last family drama, you can refresh your minds http://knitten-kittens.com/2008/07/24/the-real-scoop--happy-birthday-to-me.aspx

So now the same sister who came to the beach without bothering to tell me she was coming, is sending emails out to the family about their arrival plans next Friday and how she and her hubby and my niece and my other sister are all planning to stay with my brother, aka "The Chosen One" (as I am the opposite and not the chosen one apparently, which is fine.  I'm used to it.  I'm also accustomed to the smell of manure, living close to a farming community, but I still don't necessarily like my nose rubbed in it) on Friday and maybe my other brother and sister in law would like to come over too for an impromptu party.  No mention to me or my family, which again is fine.  At this point, I'd rather eat poop then to go hang out on a Friday night with this sister.  Then she goes on about Saturday and how they can go out and get stuff for the party and decorate, etc.  She ends with the fact that she can't wait to see everyone, especially Kim and The Brit because they must look fabulous.

Should I feel as patronized as I do?  I don't think I can look at this objectively because though I don't think about the whole beach crap very often anymore, it only took this one email to bring back all of my bitter and hurt feelings.  I have been DREADING this party ever since July when it all came to light and I wish I had a time machine to make it suddenly be October 19th and the whole ordeal was behind me. 

I am very blessed.  I am and I know I am.  I have a wonderful immediate family.  I have amazing friends.  I have a few siblings I genuinely get along well with.  My blog/internet comrades are incredible.  I am surrounded by funny, honest, REAL people who I don't have to second guess all the time.  I keep trying to remind myself of that as I mentally prepare for this party. 

I just want it to be over.



No comments:

Post a Comment