Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tune Up


So now that I've had the boobs checked, the hoo hoo tuned up, it is now time to get the back door serviced by means of a colonoscopy.  Yippee.  November 11th. 

This brings about concerns for an RNY patient.  See, I don't do well on liquid prep, even as a post-op.  You're talking about the girl who can't even drink Alka Seltzer because it makes me want to heave.  So, the alternative to the liquid prep is the pill prep.  Basically, for those of you not in the know, starting at 6:00pm on the 10th, and within an hour, I have to take 20...yes, 20, horse sized pills.  Then the next morning, every 15 minutes, I take four more pills until I take the last 12. 

Will my pouch be able to deal with this?  It's a concern.  But once it is over and done with, all my stuff has been checked out and with the colon, I should be good for another five years or 50,000 miles.  Thanks, parents, for giving us the scare of colon cancer, as where most folks don't have to undergo this until they are 50, this will be my third one.  They never found anything scary, thankfully...a few non-cancerous polyps, but better safe than sorry.  I'm starting to enjoy this new life my new body has given me, so I'd rather not have my ass fall off from cancer.

Tomorrow, the dentist and then I think I am finished with appointments for awhile...or at least until the 11th.



No comments:

Post a Comment