Friday, December 26, 2008

A Bit More Relaxing


For the first time since my in laws went home last summer, I am having a cup of tea. 

In my library choices for reading material over Christmas vacation, I went a bit fluffier than usual.  I'd love to tell you that I read great works of fiction, but I'd be so lying to you.  I used to read classics B.C.; that is "Before Children".  Now, I can't concentrate on anything too intense because it will undoubtedly be interrupted numerous times by the word both loved and dreaded: "Mom!"

So, though I am not a huge fan of Robin Gunn's Sisterchicks series, I did find the "Sisterchicks Go Brit" and am almost finished it.  As the title implies, the two bestest friends make a trip to London and with so many references to tea, I finally had to make a cup.

But today was quiet other than an outing to Walmart for a few party supplies as tomorrow is our Open House.  If have somehow failed to invite you, please feel free to show up anytime 4:00 or after.  I meant to put out an invitation at the church, but with all the Christmas insanity and then my out of control for a couple of days hormones, it never happened.  But the door here is always open, so please turn up if you are reading this and I somehow missed inviting you.  

We also went to the mall to visit the shop where The Brit got me a gift certificate as they were having a sale.  I did fine a sweater at a very reduced price and a pair of pants that are not jeans.  The best part?  The jeans are a size 18!  Yes, I am serious!  I have dropped 10 pants sizes since April.  I was so excited, I think I would have bought them even if they had been ugly as sin. Thankfully they were not ugly, so I do now own them...in a size 18.  Finally got rid of that 2 before my clothing size, now if I can just get rid of it on the scale.  16 pounds to go to 199!

I need to get back to the gym.  Today marks a week that I have been absent and though it bothers me to not go, my weight has maintained despite Christmas.  We're heading to NY for a few days next week and I'm hoping maybe there is a gym in our hotel so maybe I can get in a workout or two.  I have to wonder if part of my hormonal freak out this week was due in part to lack of exercise as my body had gotten used to it.  Certainly exercise has to let out some kind of endorphins or something I'd think, and maybe mine were trapped and came out in the way of insane emotions.  I think that Christmas/church stress played a part in it as well, but I do think my lack of working out added to it.

I have promised pictures and you will have them soon.  I just haven't had time to resize them and The Brit is working on a weight loss photo compilation on Photoshop for me.  One day I will learn to work that program!



No comments:

Post a Comment