Thursday, December 25, 2008

Well, I Made It!


Christmas started and began really early.  What I mean by that is that the candlelight service went late and we were after 1:00am getting home this morning.  Then as JJ is still a believer of the Santa Claus, we had to wait for the boys to fall asleep so Santa could come and that placed us in bed somewhere around 2:30am.  The kids were then up at 7:30 this morning.

JJ keeps things rather interesting.  He not only left out cookies and milk for Santa (milk poured back and cookies returned to tin as Santa had RNY and can't have them) but he also left a HUGE cardboard box he has been working on to make it a radio station (don't ask me why as I have no idea).  He left a note for Santa asking that his elves take the box back to the North Pole, finish it in 2009 and then leave him a picture of the finished radio station next Christmas.

And the kid will remember.

So now said box is in my trunk and I am trying to figure out what to do with it.  I know two artists who might be able to make something out of it.  Or maybe I should take a photo of a real radio station and next Christmas he can think the elves really outdid themselves.  Crikey, what is the answer??

Santa was good to me this year; a diamond bracelet, a gift card for one of my favorite clothing stores, an alarm clock for my ipod and the DVD "Mama Mia" all from my Brit.  The kids did well with an ipod, a guitar and Rockband for Wii as well as some smaller items.  They are now at grandma's having a second Christmas. 

Our pastor joined us for dinner though his wife is ill and elected to stay home to feel better.  My brother and sister in law also stayed for dinner as her mother wasn't feeling well and decided she wasn't having Christmas dinner. With both a lamb and a turkey, we had plenty to go around.

My favorite moment of Christmas though was last night.  I loved the song Kirk, Paula and I sang in church "Christmas Offering" and I loved the lighting of the candles for "Silent Night."  Better than any gift is still the reminder of what it is we are truly celebrating.

So what was your favorite gift this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment