Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Welcome Unannounced Visit






Pastor Phil stopped by the church for a visit today.  I don't know what it is about this man that just brings joy to my heart.  That may sound cheesy but that is the only way to describe it.  It had been months since I had last seen him and when the door buzzer went off today and I turned to look at my monitor and saw who it was, I kid you not, I RAN until I would have been seen running for the door as that would have been way not cool

Maybe it is because Pastor Phil came to our church right after an extremely tumultuous time and the man radiates peace and calm.  Maybe it is because he just an amazing person, one of the kindest people I have ever met in my life.  Maybe it is because at times I see a surrogate father in him.  I have no idea what it is about him that just makes me so happy to just see him; just simple unadulterated joy. 

The day got even better (if that is even possible after a Pastor Phil visit) when the Brit offered to deal with the kids tonight so I can get out there and Christmas shop.  Amen and Alleluia!  First peace, calm and joy come my way and then someone else dear to me offers to alleviate some stress.

The week is lookin' up.



No comments:

Post a Comment