Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oy


Only Tuesday and this has been the longest week of my life, or so it feels.  No reason in particular (other than the grumpiness that has been going on around here in the morning which is about to drive me to DRINK), just general busy-ness.  Church has been busy and I am so incredibly far behind on Christmas, yet I can get NOTHING done as I always have kids with me and right now I need to be home by 2:30 as the oldest child has been grounded for cutting off Grace's whiskers (Sorry Lisa) just because he "felt like it" and as I don't trust him to stay home when I'm not here, it is leaving me with tons to do and no means to get it done.  I'm hoping to get out Friday night if at all possible so I can put a dent in the shopping so I am not scurrying around Christmas freakin' eve trying to git 'er done.

So as shopping is not an option right now (at least not without forgoing the gym which is also NOT an option) I've taken to cleaning and decorating and list making.

Gift List:

Kids, gifts and stocking stuffers
Cranky Brit
Robyn
Kirk
Dane
Big John
Cathy and John
Mom           
Paula-birthday
Robyn-birthday (already late on that  one

Other stuff         

Get lights up on trees outside
clean kitchen floor
get the Christmas cards addressed and soon in the mail
Plan menu for open house on the Sunday after Christmas (y'all will get your invites in your cards, but mark your calendars now please.)
Try to locate sanity

Every year I say I am going to start Christmas shopping like February and if I could ever achieve that goal, maybe I could enjoy the month of December for what it is supposed to be.

                                                                                                                            



No comments:

Post a Comment