Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I should just learn to love surprises


It's hard sometimes when one uses their blog for venting and they need to vent about a situation regarding a family member; in this case a husband.  I am not bitching AT him, I am bitching NEAR him.  I'm just so frustrated right now and if I call him on it, tempers may flare and that is never a good thing.

Last night we discussed if he was going to be home for dinner; answer was yes.  Then I asked if he would be going to the YMCA and he said he really wanted to go.  I explained that I would need to go as well as I had a nail appointment on Tuesday (today) so I would not get to work out right after work as usual.  I thought we had a tentative plan.

I've been wrong before.

This morning started out badly.  Oldest son had left gallon of milk out on the counter, which meant it was out for over an hour.  I know that isn't long enough to spoil it, but still, he has done this before.  Then when I went downstairs to check the laundry and to throw our sheets in the wash, I found the huge mess that oldest son had assured me last night he had cleaned up.  Not a great way to start the day.  Then after I clean up enough of that mess to GET to my washing machine, I go back upstairs and the phone rang and it was a situation that I thought The Brit had resolved last week.

I've been wrong before.

Just not a great start to the day.  So when I called him about this issue, he said made mention of the possibility of taking care of that issue tonight.

That was the last I had heard.  So, here I sit, dinner not started because I don't know if we are going to the YMCA and I can't reach The Brit by either phone nor text message to get any information on how my life will play out tonight.  I could leave here right now with the kids and get my workout done, but I have no idea what he is doing.  Is he foregoing the gym and expecting dinner on the table at six?  Not a freakin' clue.  Do we have an appointment tonight regarding the issue?  Couldn't tell you.  I think I've been pretty patient the last two weeks when he has spent more time at work than at home, but when I don't have a clue what I am supposed to be doing, it really gets to me.  If I make a decision, it will probably be the wrong one, plus his gym bag is here so if he is going to the gym, of which I have no idea, I would need to take his bag with me.  I assume he is maybe in a meeting and cannot text me back, though when he is here at dinner and work texts him, well, they get answers.  I just don't understand why filling in thy spouse is so difficult.  Shoot me an email or a text or a message via mental telepathy, something!

Is it Christmas vacation yet?

ETA: I have to say that The Brit and I discussed this issue tonight and he apologized (he so gets points for that).  I know he has been insanely busy at work; it is already an insanely busy time of year.  I'm hoping we will now be working a bit harder at a little communication during the work week.



No comments:

Post a Comment