Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On the Weight Loss Front


I have somehow managed to lose three pounds so far this week.  I am certain it will now again taper off because I am sitting on the precipice of being out of the 220s and now only have five more pounds to go before I have lost 100 pounds.

Wow.

That somehow does not even feel possible. I got an email today with some comparisons that said that a one hundred pound weight loss is the equivalent of a two month old pony.

Again, Wow.

I could not lift a two month old pony, yet I carried one on my body for years.  This journey never ceases to amaze me.  I still take a pair of size 18-20 jeans off their hanger and look at them like there is no possible way I can fit into them.  They look way too small.  But they fit.  They border on loose.

I still hit the gym five days a week most weeks and I have realized that a huge motivation factor for me is fear.  I have left lunch with Paula thinking that I just didn't have enough time to go work out and that I was going home, then a breath later realized how easy that decision is to make.  I then turn my car around and drive to the gym because I never want to allow myself to again carry a two month old pony on my body.  Ever.  I will not allow myself to fail at this.  I cannot.  It has taken too much time, too much work, too much worry.  It has been too big of a relief to for the first time in my life feel close to "normal".  The joy I get out of being able to buy clothes from stores not called "Lane Bryant" or "Fashion Bug Plus" is incomparable.

Do I always eat 100% correctly.  Hell no.  I still have my moments of a couple of Reese miniatures or some such decadent indulgence.  The difference is that I don't eat the whole bag. The difference is that I move so much more that I burn off my calories.

Five more pounds till Vegas.



No comments:

Post a Comment