Sunday, December 14, 2008

I see dead people


So sadly, we had one of our elderly homebound members of the church die on Friday.  She was 92 years old and had lived in assisted living in her own cottage for several years.  Due to some health problems, she had to move from her cottage and into the regular nursing home, which of course meant having to part with her furniture etc and she never recovered from this.  I kept hearing from the church lady how depressed this lady was and I kind of think she just gave up as she passed away at the beginning of the weekend.  I really didn't know her but I knew who she was and how active in the church she had been years ago.

We were discussed this in the car tonight on the way home from the grocery store and JJ asked if there would be a "dead body." 

"Yes," I told him, "At the funeral home, not at the church."  I went on to explain that I had been in the church with a body before because since I had worked there one funeral was held at the church.  JJ asked who it was and I rambled off a few names (I don't personally know most of our homebound members and we have lost several in the last year), stating it was one of them.

His face took on a VERY concerned look, "She was in the church?"

"Yes."

"Which pew?"



No comments:

Post a Comment