Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Year in Review 2008


   Hard to believe it is the last day of 2008 and of Blog 365!  I had this post all written once and then I hit some key accidentally and it all went away!

I have stories and pictures from our NYC trip to show you, but tonight is the annual "Year in Review" here on Knitten-Kittens, where I hit the highlights of 2008.  So here we go!


 1.  Meeting Meg, Lacy, Jil and Kim.  These girls were the "ones who went before me" on the WLS front and they have been absolute jewels in my life.  Their support has been wonderful as they answered all my questions and shared their experiences with me.  My non-WLS friends were also wonderful, but there is something comforting about those who have "been there, done that, got the t-shirt" Cut and Paste girls.  Their friendships continue to bless my life as we find our way through this new C&P life we now have.  Thank you, girls, for all you do!


  2.  Surgery.  So much I can say here as it was the one single most significant part of 2008 for me.  It has changed my life.  Yes, there are those that think the C&P girls have "tampered with God's handiwork" but what those people don't know is just how hand in hand with God I walked on this journey.  I went into this decision prayerfully and God and I were in agreement that if He brought me to surgery, he would bring me through it.  I also knew that if I hit any Dead End signs prior to approval or surgery, that was God's way of telling me it was not what He wanted for my life.  So anyone thinking we Christian C&P girls are "tampering", maybe you should get to know us first.


        Anyway, surgery.  There is so much I can say but I can probably sum it up in a handful of words: healthy, joy, ability, confidence, possibility.  I feel like there is nothing I can't attempt to do.  Yes, there are days I screw up and eat some things I shouldn't and there have days I've dumped, sometimes off innocent things like grapes and other times off things not so innocent, but 100 pounds later, I can say with absolute certainty, that it has been worth every minute of it.  Several weeks ago, my friend Mandy was here and I forget what we were doing, but she was sitting at the computer and I was leaned over the desk showing her something and she said something to the extent of "You have just changed so much and not just physically; your confidence, everything."  I have no idea what I said or did to bring those words from her, but apparently there are things that are different and I hope good different.

3.    Family dynamics.  I'm still learning them and not always liking them, but working on accepting them.  However, I am no longer willing to be treated as second best.  Not that I think I am the "Best" but it is more like not allowing anyone to treat me like a second class citizen.  I am a good person, I try to do the right things, I try to be kind to everyone.  I expect the same in return and if you don't give it to me, well, you may not hear from me too often.  I'm not trying to be nasty, but the hurts of the summer will never again be repeated because I will not allow it to happen. Even though we all know that beach trip was just a dream, kind of like, was it Dallas where Bobby shot JR and it was all a dream?  After all, the newsletter failed to mention I was there, so surely that can't be wrong.

4.    I can't leave out last night.  Seeing Patti Lupone on stage in "Gypsy" was a realized dream for me.  For years, she has been one of my favorite performers and I had never seen her live.  Now, I have.  Thank you, Brit, for making that come true for me.  NYC in general was a highlight for me as I have missed my favorite city.

Resolutions?  A few.

1.    I want to get down to a size 12-14.  I will be happy there.  That will involve getting my butt back to the gym on Monday.

2.    Horseback riding.  It's still on my to do list for Spring.

3.    I want to do some more traveling in 2009.  I love doing it, especially by car. There are just things I still want to see.

4.    To start running.

5.    To write.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.  I need to start setting aside some time to work.

There may be more, but that is what I can think of at the moment.  And The Brit did some Before and Afters for me.  The latest photos were taken the weekend before Christmas.

Happy New Year, readers!  May God bless you abundantly in 2009~












5 comments:

  1. All I can say (besides OH MY GOODNESS, OH MY GOODNESS!) is how beautiful you are, sis, and I'm not talking about the outside (only, ha!), but I can see how happy you are, and it's a joy to see that!

    You deserve all the wonderful things that surgery brought and will still bring to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, you look great!!

    And if you travel down here, please stop in and say hi (or better yet, stop in for lunch)!

    Happy New Year!

    p.s....I've been thinking a lot about Jane recently (it was her anniversary Saturday), and I think she would be thrilled for/with you for all you've accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, kim, KIM!! You look amazing!! So small!!

    I pray that 2009 brings you every good thing you can possibly imagine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know - it is fun to watch your face change in the pictures - it goes from unhappy to absolutely GLOWING!

    It's almost hard for me to believe that I haven't known you forever... in so many ways it's gone by so quickly that it seems like I've always had you & the girls cheering me on. :-)

    I can't wait to see how 2009 is even better for the Cut & Paste girls!

    ReplyDelete