Monday, December 29, 2008

Intermission


So I am currently sitting in a hotel outside of NYC after spending the day in the city.  The Brit and I decided that since the kids were spending a week with their grandparents, that we would take off for a couple of days.  At 9:00 this morning, we headed out.

It has been several years since I have spent any time in my favorite city.  It is really hopping right now with New Year's Eve just two days away and no, we are not staying to get immersed in that mess on Wednesday night!

Today, we did a bus tour of all the lights in the city: the big department stores that are all done up so beautifully for the holidays.  It was cold ( we were on the top of a double decker bus) but gorgeous as I have never seen the city during Christmas. Definitely a sight to behold.

Tomorrow, we are hoping to take in a show as well as continue our bus tour (our tickets are good for 48 hours). I would give my right arm to see Patti LuPone in "Gypsy" but am not sure if tickets are available or even at a reasonable price.  Plus with so many people in the city, it is hard to say what show will have seats available.  I also want to see Ground Zero and our tour tickets include a boat tour as well.  So lots to do in a small amount of time. 

New Year's Eve is up in the air for us depending on what we decide to do based on what time we decide to head home on Wednesday.  Regardless, this vacation was well needed and is doing wonders for me, despite being surround by close to a million people.

More tomorrow and pictures once we get home!



No comments:

Post a Comment