Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Enough is Enough!


Okay, C&P girls, stop it with the books already!  If any of you are not familiar with the whole "Cut and Paste Girls" reference, you can read about it here on Jil's blog.  Basically, though the original story, it was not meant in a friendly way, we have embraced the title

But anyway....my reading list and the stack of books beside my sofa in the living room is getting insane, so please stop recommending things to me!  Here's how it looks:

I started this weeks ago and have yet to finish it.  I own this book, so there is no rush to finish it thankfully.



Then of course, I started this on the plane ride to England and am a few chapters into it.  It is on loan from Kelly, so hopefully she is not drumming her fingers impatiently waiting for it to be returned:



On the plane ride back from England, I was too raw to continue just yet with "Final Gifts" so I chose my girl crushes' new book instead and have read about two chapters.  But this is another one I own, so there is no time limit.



Then not only Jillian on her podcast, but another blogger as well, Laurie, over at Gastric Girl, recommended this book, which I have on loan from the library:



This one was purely an accident.  When at the library to get "The Beck Diet" I saw the book of a blogger I used to read and had to have it.  He's funny, albeit a bit crude.  I started it the day before I left for England and am a few chapters in.  I needed something light that day:



Then today, another blogger, and for the life of me, I can't remember which one of you, only that you are in my WLS Blogs sidebar, recommended the following book and as patience is way not a virtue for me, I went to the library today when my horseback riding lesson was HAILED out (yes, literally.  Hail, in April.  Seriously?) to pick up this little gem:



So that only leaves me with one thought?  What on earth am I doing blogging when I need to get reading?



3 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see and report that I have not contributed to the problem one iota! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha!
    I loved Eclipse, and the book following it.. read the whole series, EXCELLENT!
    I just bought Joining the Thin Club used from BN.com for $2.96! And yes, you will LOVE the Beck Diet Solution. It is awesome, and really helps change the way you think! I may have to check out the others when I'm done with the Harry Potter Series, which my boyfriend is having me read.. I'm on book 5! Long way to go still, as those books keep getting longer and longer! LOL
    Have fun reading.. sounds like you'll be busy for quite some time! At least all the books are pretty different! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omigosh! it's a good thing you're not the read-one-book-at-a-time type!

    ReplyDelete