Saturday, April 11, 2009

Last Post this Side of the Ocean


So with all the rushing around this week, trying to get my ducks in a row, now that things are at a complete standstill, it is making me nuts.  I'm restless and carb nibbling just trying to pass the time.  Ironically, a normal Saturday would fly by; this one, not so much.

It seems like today was a rough day in England; just a feeling I got after talking to my FIL and The Brit.  It's to be expected, but again, so hard to be here and not there to offer support or a memory to make them laugh.  I'll be there soon.

I called Virgin Atlantic today in a small panic (as this week, that is simply what I do) because they state on their website that the name on your boarding pass and the name on your passport have to match exactly and as this whole passport thing was such a joy, I worried about the fact that my middle name is on the passport but not on the boarding pass.  From what he said, that is not an issue.  As much as I hate to fly, it will be a relief to be on the plane.

Actually, I'm not afraid of flying.  I'm afraid of crashing, which is the reason for the Diazepam my doctor gave me.  I've never flown alone before, yet alone overseas.  Though I don't feel overly stressed about it now (I mean, after the passport incident, this seems like cake) tomorrow when I get to the airport, anxiety may kick in.  But I have my ipod in my travel bag as well as these two books:



And this one that Kelly wanted to loan me for the plane.  She recently lost her step-father to cancer and like Daphne, it was a fast death that knocked the wind out of everyone.  She said this book has helped her a lot:



So by this time tomorrow, I will be wandering around Dulles Airport, trying to kill time until I can board.  Tomorrow morning in church, Aaron is getting confirmed and though The Brit will be absent, a few of our friends as well as Aaron's great-grandparents are coming. 

I can't help but to think in light of the recent events, just how joyous Easter should be.  Those we love and have lost are in the hands of the Father, because of the sacrifice made by Jesus.  There is no better place to be.



2 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip and I hope it brings your family some peace and closure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim ... just want you to know that you and yours are in my thoughts. I am holding on for you and with you and share your tears. Be well.

    ReplyDelete