Thursday, April 9, 2009

Surreal


When I finally got around to relaxing last night, The Brit called to ask me when my passport expired.  It expired the end of February.  The fun never ends around here, I tell ya!

So after a near meltdown, and a phone call to an after hours officer at the passport office, I went into the church at ten pm in my pajamas to finish up the bulletin which the church lady runs Thursday mornings.  Then after about five hours sleep, I got up, went to Walmart (kids were thankfully with grandma) to have passport photos taken and then drove to the metro station (about an hour), got on the metro and went to DC (about 45 minutes) then walked the four blocks to the office (15 minutes...DC blocks are long and there is traffic!).  Then I waited in huge line for about 45 minutes, filled out a form, was finally called to a window to be told it would be ready TOMORROW at 11:30.  I begged, pleaded, bargained etc to get it today to save myself yet another trip to DC tomorrow beings I'm totally sleep deprived and stressed to the max (my palms sweated all day today...even in church and that never happens to me!), but they refused to see the light, so tomorrow I get to do it all over again.  It doesn't even seem real.  I think my mother in law, who enjoyed adventures, is just taking a piss at me. 

I am contemplating shutting the blog down from Easter Sunday until we return from England the following Saturday.  I am not going to have any time at all to blog on Easter...none, nada...and I'm not sure I want the stress of having to keep up with it over the pond.  So either, I have volunteers for guest bloggers out the Wazoo after this entry, or as much as it pains me, I'll be taking a hiatus after blogging every day since January 1, 2008.  Wow.  Blows my mind that I (with some help from a few of you from time to time) have blogged constantly for that long.

So let me know what you think.  Another insanely busy day tomorrow and then I have nothing on the agenda for Saturday other than two errands, thank GOD...and I mean that!



3 comments:

  1. I am sure we can keep this going my darling. I will help with whatever you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim - I'd be happy to guest post for you if you would like... but even if you don't - your readers will be here when you get back... so please do what is best for you, and DO NOT STRESS about the blog - that is the least of your worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, let me know if you need me to post...I can help!!

    ReplyDelete