Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill




So today was the first lesson and not only did I ride, but the horse also took me for a jog (meaning he did more than walk) and the amazing thing was that I stayed in the saddle and here it is 6:48 pm and I have no broken bones!

The scariest part for me was getting on and off because Friendly is big.  He is also old (24) and very sweet but I feel a kabillion miles from the ground when I am on him!  So I  need to work out gracefully getting off the horse without having either foot in a stirrup, which is a challenge.  Because Kat was there (the trainer) and Friendly is so easy, I could keep my left foot in the stirrup to dismount, but usually for safety purposes, you would not keep either foot in the stirrup. 

I also got to groom him and lead him back to his stall; all way cool.  I cannot begin to explain how excited and empowered I felt riding him!  It was amazing!

Okay, I'm feeling a little crummy tonight, so I'm outta here.  Oh and that is not me in the picture!  Just some random chick from the internets!



3 comments:

  1. It's SO COOL to see you doing something you've literally dreamed about since day 1! You look great way, way up there on Friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, I agree with Meg. So happy for you in realizing this 1st of many dreams. You look great up on that horse ...You must take the picutre with you when you see Dr. "S" the next time.
    Luv, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny - I love that people missed the comment about the picture not being you... BUT it totally looks like it could be you!!

    I'm glad that the ride went well... that's amazing! :-) Get someone to take an actual picture of you riding Friendly!!

    ReplyDelete