Monday, April 20, 2009

Working on getting back in the swing of things


I am still not keeping normal hours...either that or I am becoming one of those old people who get up at five am every morning...and let's hope it isn't that! 

Today wound up hectic with playing catch-up at work, then finding out that Aaron is flunking English for lack of doing a book report to amount to anything.  I worked at putting my house back in order a bit after work but still have a ways to go.

I also have no idea how it happened that I lost a pound in England.  I'm convinced the scale is mistaken because it doesn't seem possible.  Because I ate the likes of:

Cheese
Bread
Butter
chocolate (not gobs of it, but a mini bar of Cadburys a day)
fish and chips (only a few of the "chips" and I didn't eat the fried batter)
Lamb kabob
Duck
Too much wine on two occasions

Now granted, my pouch is not big, so I couldn't eat a lot of any of this, but still....I ate terrible things!  I did do some walking, but again, not tons of it, so how on earth could I have lost a pound?  So odd.  I was totally prepared for a gain.

Milk?  WLS surgery people, how much milk do you all drink?  I have calcium concerns.  Yes, I take my supplements, but I still worry about the one thing they can't test for.  I haven't been drinking any milk other than in my cereal, but now am trying to get a glass or two in a day of 1% milk.  What do you girls do?

I'm still struggling a bit with mum's passing, which I know is normal.  I was cleaning out my jewelry box today and I found a note from her she had given me with a necklace once that had belonged to her mother.  She said she knew her mother would have wanted me to have it as much as she wanted me to have it and she thanked me for making The Brit so happy.  It was a bittersweet moment for me as I had forgotten all about the note, but I had kept it as I'm sentimental that way.

I still have this weird rash.  It is on my arms and legs and tops of my feet.  Really weird.  I'm giving it another day or so before calling a doctor.





4 comments:

  1. I don't get any sort of milk in regularly - I drink a sip or two with my granola in the morning, but that's really it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, Glad you and hubby are back safe and sound and my sympathy again in the loss of your mother-in-law.
    I get a lot of calcium each day. I start out with a 8 oz. glass of skim milk, cotage cheese for breakfast and at least 2 containers of yogurt a day. Sometimes I even add skim milk for lunch. You're right you really can't test for calcium but I'm fortunate that I like all the above mentioed products and can tolerate them.
    So isn't your 1 year surgiversary coming up soon?
    Take care,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those foods aren't evil in the amount *we* eat them! I know it's in the "danger zone" or whatever, but obviously your body is handling it just fine! You'll probably feel better when you're back on your normal foods though!

    I despise milk. Always have. I get calcium from two bariatric advantage calcium citrate lozenges each day, cheese, yogurt, protein ice cream, protein drinks, etc. Oh! And loads of cream in my coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as milk goes, I get lactose free milk, as regular milk makes me dump! I have 8-12 ounces with a Carnation Instant Breakfast daily. I also take the Celebrate Vitamins that are Calcium and Vitamin D - they are Hot Cocoa flavored.. I actually haven't been very good with taking them b/c i forgot to bring them to work! LOl

    Good luck getting back to a regular schedule.. i'm sure it will take your body some time to readjust to everything!

    Glad you made it through your visit to the UK with a weight loss! Don't question it, just be happy! hehe

    Hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete