Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Note to Self


Dear C&P Girl,

Not too sure what you were thinking this morning other than that you really had it in for yourself.  I mean really, who wants to start their day with that number in their head? 

Kim, you know that there are certain times during the month when the scale is off limits as the chances are if you are feeling bloated and uggy, then the scale is going to reflect this for at least a handful of days.  Female stuff does a number on the body; this is not new information, ya dingbat!  So until you are in the clear again, stay the hell away from the scale!

Oh and when you are bloated and uggy, and then get on the scale to see bloated and uggy translated into numbers, do not wear the "jumper jean shorts".  Okay?  Thanks.

Love you,
Kim

I spent last night really feeling lousy for reasons unbeknownst to me.  Just really icky in the tummy kind of stuff.  This morning has been better but I am still feeling a little tender from the pouch tantrum last night.  I'm hoping there will continue to be feeling normal progress during the course of the day as there is kickboxing tonight with Jack and I really need to hit it hard, despite what I know about that number on the scale this morning.  I know that number will vanish in a few days, but geeez.  It wasn't exactly encouraging after working on exercise five days a week once again!

My Tuesday night happiness is going to be coming to an end very soon.  Two of my very favorite things are "American Idol" and "The Biggest Loser" and both are quickly approaching finales.  AI has Adam Lambert, who OMG, is all that and a bag of chips for me.  I adored him when he was first introduced because he was a theater kid and as I am a theater person, I felt instant kinship with him.  The fact that he has an incredible voice, range and stage presence only added to my infatuation.  Then the night he sang "Mad World" the deal was done. He is my American Idol.  Whether he wins or not (though I cannot image him not, because he is in a class of talent all by himself. I mean, Simon gave him a standing ovation after "Mad World" and I don't think Simon has ever given a standing ovation, period!) I will be among the first in line to buy his album.

TBL has been another story.  Last season, with Colleen and Michelle and Colleen's dad and Renee, it was an amazing season, despite she that Shall Not Be Named.  This season there hasn't really been one person who I am cheering for.  Tara is amazing, but a little neurotic at times.  Felipe makes me want to drink heavily.  Ron is like the Godfather, though his son, Mike, is adorable, despite his cockiness at the end of the show last week.  I am, however, a huge Jillian fan, despite the fact that she has hated this season and I am hoping they can renegotiate her contract so she sticks around.  Some of the game play stuff really got to her this year (making contestants switch trainers all of a sudden and a few of the boys *insert eye roll here* had gotten attached to the Church of Bob and they pretty much refused to want to work with Jillian but then blamed her when they pigged out.) and she has no desire to repeat it.  I think she just really cares about changing lives for people and when reality tv dramatics get in the way, it frustrates her.  Funny thing is, in reading TBL boards, a lot of the viewers hate the game play stuff too and are more interested and motivated by the transformations.  Honestly, not sure if I'll watch it next season if Jill leaves.

Okay, back to work, then nail repair, home, kickboxing.  And have I mentioned today that I love Facebook?





3 comments:

  1. I'm loving Facebook too.. It's probably a blessing that I'm blocked from work! haha I can do a few things with my phone, but not much!

    Sorry the scale is being a big meanie to you! Just. Step. Away. It will get better when the time passes... ugh!

    Sounds like you've got a good afternoon planned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you're feeling better after your meeting with Jack. Hang in there - you'll kick it back off soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim, Don't beat yourself up to badly...you are back in the swing of things and that is what matters. Coming up on my 6 monthsin a few weeks I make an effort everyday to think in terms of "this iis my life, this is what I do (exercise) and this is what I eat (good food and balanced).
    I also think in terms of just 1 positive behviour modification is more than I had done for 30 years. I'm down about 70 lbs. now ...becasue i count the 10 I lost in the 2 weeks leading up to the surgery.
    I will share with you and some of the other WLS gals that there are nights I go to bed and think this is not REAL. I REALLY haven't gone from a 24 to an 18 and can actually wear SOME extra larges..I see the size numbers on the clothing but it doesn't seem to go with me ....you know what I mean?
    Still more weight to lose but I'm on the way to living a different world with food...
    have a good day.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete