Friday, April 10, 2009

Passport? Check!


So after getting to DC with the kids around noon and waiting in ANOTHER line for 45 minutes, the passport that was supposed to be ready at 11:30, had just been completed upstairs, so they had me take a seat for "a few minutes."  45 minutes later, I approached the window again (no line this time) and asked her if it had come down and she said no.  I politely but literally asked her if they were waiting for it to grow legs and walk itself down.  She elected to call upstairs and about ten minutes later, I had my new passport in my hands.

So the biggest hurdle, other than flying solo on Sunday, is over.  My plan for tomorrow is hoping for a miracle of being able to sleep in a little...after this week, anything past five am would be an improvement.  Then I have laundry to finish, the sheets on our bed to wash, cat food to buy, another little thing to take to England to pick up, and then packing. My plan for Easter morning is to load up my car with my suitcase and a change of clothing, go to church, then straight to my mother's to change clothes and have an Easter lunch.  The kid's grandma will pick them up at my mother's before 3:00 and then at three my brother is taking me to the airport.

The Brit seems to think we can manage the blog from England.  So, the immediate hurdle is Easter Sunday as I honestly have no time.  So if either Laura or The Brit takes Easter, I'll give it a whirl.

And my doctor gave me drugs for the plane. 

My bloggy friends?  Obviously I have not read a single blog in days, but I will get caught up soon.  I still adore you all but you know life has been crazy here lately.  Have patience with me.

Oh and one more thing....Robyn, Kelly, and Paula (though Paula doesn't read blogs or even the internet for the most part) I cannot thank you girls enough for stepping up for me next week with the kids.  Without you, I would not be able to be where my heart wants to be.  Anything you ever need, just name it.



2 comments:

  1. Ummm... if the stuff from the doctor is for sleeping... I say take some tonight!

    Don't worry about catching up on blogs - seriously - focus on your family right now... it'll all be out there when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check the blog before I go to bed each night and if nothing is there - I'll take care of it. Sunday is doable for me. You and Chris have enough to do - don't worry about the blog. <> to you both.

    ReplyDelete