Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Saga of my crazy neighbors: Part TwentyEleven


I can't keep straight who I have told ya'll about in my neighbor venting posts.  Did I tell you about the one addicted to pain killers due to numerous surgeries, who is married and they have one child (hers from a previous relationship)?  We'll call him "Addict", her "Glee" and the child "Pita" (because she is). 

Pita is okay, though she is younger than JJ, but for the most part, they play together fairly well most of the time.  So today, it was rather warm out, low nineties, so my two kids, plus the CG (cutie girl from across the street, who is a year younger than Aaron and always welcome here) as well as PITA and her friend, TT (tattle tail)were in our backyard playing with the water hose and on the trampoline.  All went well for a long time.

Then the doorbell is ringing and JJ shoots in from out back to answer it, saying it is TT.  Still outside at the front door, TT informs him she needs to speak to his mother, so The Brit and I both say "Come in." but TT doesn't move.  She simply insists she needs to speak to me.  We again repeat for her to come in,  which JJ also confirms, but this child again insists I need to come to the door.  The Brit then loses patience and states, "If TT would like to speak to Mrs. J, she will stop being rude and come in here and speak."

TT finally got the picture and came inside, where she informed us that Glee had sent her down to tell us that Aaron was up at their house and he kept bothering them and had locked her out of the house, but she was back in now.  So due to inappropriate behavior, Aaron was sent to his room.

Fast forward a half hour later, when we hear a piercing scream, following by TT racing to our front door and ringing the bell frantically, which we ignored.  JJ came in all tearful, stating that PITA had been about to push him, so he had put his foot up and somehow PITA got hurt.  So, going out back to do damage control, I find out that Glee has also been jumping on our trampoline, which was why PITA was having such a strong reaction to having her freaking TOE stepped on.

Now, work with me here.  Is it just me or does it seem odd to you, that this woman sends a six year old down here to tattle on my oldest son, and then turns around and goes out back to jump on our trampoline?  See, I would NEVER just walk into someone's yard and help myself to anything; not as an adult.  As a kid, maybe, but this chick is thirty-something years old. Makes me kind of realize how Aaron might be confused of where the boundaries are with this woman.  He was obviously just playing around when he locked her out of her house (and until we put the brakes on it, he was up there a lot helping her with her daycare, so he has been inside the house many times) and that was a problem for her.  I'm not excusing his behavior, but he is a kid.  Then the same woman comes down here to play on our trampoline with children.

Maybe it's just me, but I find it odd.

I walked two miles today, trying to get my mojo back with my exercise and I hope to do the same tomorrow. 

Hope ya'll are having a great weekend!  And can you believe that Bea Arthur died today?  That makes me very sad.  I was a huge fan.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Glee needs to learn that you can't be a kid some of the time and an adult some of the time - you have to be the adult ALL of the time if you want to get respect. Although - respect is earned and not given just because of age... it's sad that people are so clueless!

    ReplyDelete