Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lost in the Shuffle


Susan pointed out something in yesterday's comments that I had nearly forgotten about....

Last week was my one year surgiversary (did I even spell that right?  Is it even a real word?).  April 15th, I was officially 365 days out of surgery and am 107 pounds down from my starting weight.  I am doing kick ass kickboxing, and taking horseback riding lessons.  I feel much better about myself, my body and my life.  Yes, I need to get my butt completely in gear again to lose these last pesky 48 pounds I'd like to lose (Step away from the carbs!), but I have complete faith that I will.  I've hit a rough patch of stress (gall bladder, mum's death, Aaron failing English) which brings back some old habits of nibbling, but I will again rein them in.

I saw the following in an office a few weeks ago and really liked it, so in honor of my one year out, I'm going to share it with you.  It kind of says a lot about us C&P girls, I think.  And when you are finished reading that, go and read this, which makes me very angry.  There is a link to a petition but I think tonight is the deadline to sign it. 


ABC's to Success #2


A = Avoid negative sources, people, places, things, and habits

B = Believe in yourself

C = Consider things from every angle

D = Don't give up and don't give in

E = Enjoy life today, yesterday is gone, and tomorrow may never come

F = Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches

G = Give more than you planned to

H = Have courage to do what needs to be done and consideration for others feelings

I = Ignore those who try to discourage you

J = Just do it!

K = Keep trying no matter how hard it seems, it will get easier

L = Love yourself first and most

M = Make it happen

N = Never lie, cheat or steal, always strike a fair deal

O = Open your eyes and see things as they really are

P = Practice makes perfect

Q = Quitters never win and winners never quit

R = Read, study and learn about everything important in your life

S = Stop procrastinating

T = Take control of your own destiny

U = Understand yourself in order to better understand others

V = Visualize it

W = Want it more than anything

X = Excelerate your efforts

Y = You are unique of all God's creations, nothing can replace YOU!

Z = Zero in on your target and go for it!


Wanda Hope Carter




7 comments:

  1. Kimmie, I absolutely know which office you saw this one in. It makes good "contemplative" reading, doesn't it? :) I am SO PROUD OF YOU! Love, Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim! Happy Anniversary - you need to do some side by side images when things get settled.

    The ABC's were really nice... now I'm going to check out the petition deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your accomplishments are very impressive and you should be very proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Kim!! You're a diva to us all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!! You've done remarkable!

    Thank you for sharing the ABC's, I think I'm going to post those on my desk!

    Thank you, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the surgiversary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim,
    Thanks for spotting by my site. I love yours! Tell me more about the surgery you had for weight loss...where did you have it and who was your surgeon? What tyope of surgery was it and are you happy with it?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete