Sunday, June 22, 2008

2 Months Post Op


Lisa told me a few weeks ago that she thought I was brave and I disagreed.  Today, I am feeling brave....and stupid.

One of the best things about the internet is the anonymity of it.  We can imagine what other people look like and we can allow them to imagine what we look like.  There is no need to post photos because they are simply irrelevant to the internet unless you are looking to find the love of your life and then photos may become a necessity, but even then, you can lie or photoshop the pictures to make yourself look better, all the while promising yourself that by the time you meet your internet date, dammit, you WILL look like that! 

One of the things I promised myself when I began to blog this WLS journey is that I would be absolutely honest...for me today, painfully so.  Yes, I can totally see the difference in myself in my Before and After photos, but to look at them, to post them here is really scary for me.  It's admitting with no further doubt in anyone's mind that I had and have a serious weight problem that is in the process of being corrected.  What was left to your imaginations is about to be real and I can't help but feel a little bit apprehensive about putting myself out there like that, but a promise is a promise, even if I made it to myself.  I guess I still don't really consider it brave because there was no way I was putting up a Before photo without having a somewhat better After to follow it.

My Before pictures were taken the day before my surgery.



April 14, 2008



April 14, 2008

Seeing them here really makes me nervous.  Notice the lack of a neck and we won't even discuss the rest.  There were many times when I would dress to go out or to church and think I looked good; normal even.  Wow, was that not the case.

The new ones were taken today, just over two months post op:



June 22, 2008



June 22, 2008

By golly, the girl does have a neck...and arms that need a whole lot of work.  Total loss to date: 45 pounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment